Since Konya, as a primeval cradle of civilization, was elected as Tourism Capital of the Islamic World for 2016, many international cultural and touristic events were held in Konya. One of these events was “International Islamic Arts Competition”, which was first organized by Konya Metropolitan Municipality. Many artist from Turkey and from all around the world participated in the competition with their qualified works. After a crowded award ceremony, the awarded works were exhibited in the Mawlana Cultural Center as a part of activities organized for the 743th Commemoration of Rumi, and these works earned brownie points. The content aims to become a part of traditional culture and art events held in Konya, which has been one of the most important capitals of Islamic culture and art throughout the history and where arts like calligraphy, illumination, miniature, tile arts are performed preeminently. Upon great interest for the competition, besides, calligraphy, illumination and miniature branches this year the art of tile was added as new branch of the contents considering that Konya has enjoyed being important center for the art of tile throughout the history. The competition also aims to sustain the performance of these arts in accordance with their original forms and to encourage artists who produce artistic works in these fields. The study also aims to contribute to promotion of Islamic arts like calligraphy, illumination, miniature and tile in international arena.
General Terms of the Competition
1. All people who can perform their arts in the fields announced can compete in this competition.
2. A competitor may compete in more than one artistic categories that have been announced but only one work can be submitted for each field.
3. The works that will be submitted to this competition shall be unique and original. Any performances that have been exhibited or awarded before in any other competition or the performances that have considerable design similarities with any other work shall not be evaluated in this competition.
4. The property, publication, press, or any other rights of performances that have been awarded in this competition including the mentions shall belong to the institution that organize this competition.
5. Other than the ones awarded, any work deemed suitable for exhibition can also be exhibited.
6. The jury reserves its right not to award any work in any way.
7. The Jury members can increase the number of honorable mention awards if they deem it appropriate.
8. It is the competitor’s responsibility to deliver their works before the announced deadline with no damage.
9. The works shall not bear any name, penname, nickname or signature of the artists.
10. The participation form shall be delivered together with the work but in a separate envelope.
11. The works shall be delivered without any frame.
12. The works may be delivered by hand or by post.
13. The works must be sent to the delivery address latest on Friday, 28 September 2018 until the end of work hour.
14. The works that do not conform to the specifications and terms declared in List of Conditions will not be evaluated in this competition.
15. It is deemed that the competitors who will take part in this competition have already accepted all provisions declared in the List of Conditions.
16. After the competition ends, an award ceremony to which the winners will attend will be held.
17. The performances that will not be awarded in this competition will be delivered to their owner in person or by proxy at the end of exhibition. Alternatively, they will be sent payable to the participants from other places than Konya via mail or cargo. Utmost care shall be exercised to protect the works during delivery via mail or cargo but the institution that organizes this competition shall not be responsible for any damage or loss during transportation.
Konya Metropolitan Municipality
International Islamic Arts Competition Secretariat
Contact: +90 332 221 15 61
Contact Person : Mehmet Vahit Çukurkaya
E-Mail Address : email@example.com
Post Adress : Konya Metropolitan Municipality Press and Public Relations Department Konya Metropolitan Municipality Ground floor Z-18 Selçuklu / KONYA / TÜRKİYE